Elliot Fishbein PT, OCS, CFMT, FAAOMPT
Elliot has more than 15 years of experience in rehabilitation and functional enhancement.
After spending his early career frustrated by inconsistent success and limitations he found with traditional Physical Therapy approaches, Elliot dedicated himself to ongoing studying with the goal of trying to provide elite level care to every patient who walked in the door, no matter what the diagnosis or condition.
He then began taking courses focused on the Functional Manual Therapy® (FMT) approach specializing in whole body care, integrating manual therapy, exercise, and body awareness training. Over the next 10+ years he continued his FMT studies and became one of only 25 therapists in the country to have completed fellowship level training in this area.
After spending multiple years teaching in NYU's Doctor of Physical Therapy program, Elliot now dedicates himself full time to patient care and clinical education in the FMT approach.
In continuing with his belief in lifelong learning, Elliot continues to take classes in Craniosacral Therapy, Visceral Mobilization, Neuromeningeal Manipulation and keeps up with the latest physical therapy and medical research.
Elliot's Credentials Include:
* Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic and Manual Physical Therapy (FAAOMPT)
* Certified Functional Manual Therapist (CFMT)
* Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS) with the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
* Level 3b Certification in PNF via the International PNF Association (IPNFA)
* Certified in Vestibular Rehabilitation, Emory University
* Trained in Craniosacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation
* Full-Time Core Faculty, NYU Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program 2012-2015
* Associate Faculty with the Institute of Physical Art providing continuing education for Physical Therapists